BLACK FRIDAY MYSTERY CARD SWEEPSTAKES
MANY WILL ENTER MOA DURING SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD, FEW WILL WIN. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Only legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are 5 years of age or older at the time of entry are eligible to enter the Black Friday Mystery Card Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”). Only persons 18 years of age or older (residents of Alabama, and Nebraska must be 19 years of age, residents of Mississippi must be 21 years of age) will be able to redeem the Black Friday Mystery Card. Entrants who are under the age of majority in their state of residency at time of entry must have the permission of a parent or legal guardian (“Parent/Guardian”) to participate in the Sweepstakes and to redeem a Prize in the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited and subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Sponsor(s) (as defined below), Sponsor’(s) parent, subsidiary and affiliate entities and their respective officers, directors, agents, and employees, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether or not related) of each such Sponsor, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to enter or win. Entrants must fulfill all requirements set forth in the Official Rules and abide by all decisions of the Sponsor(s) and/or Administrator in order to be eligible for a prize.
2. How to Enter: Eligible individuals may enter the Sweepstakes by being one of the first 200 eligible people to enter Mall of America through the North Atrium doors on Friday, November 29, 2019, or by being one of the first 4,000 eligible people to arrive at the North Atrium on Friday, November 29, 2019, or by being one of the first 2,000 eligible people to arrive at the North Atrium doors on Saturday, November 30, 2019, or by being one of the first 2,000 eligible people to arrive at the North Atrium doors on Sunday, December 1, 2019. By participating in this Sweepstakes, you represent that you have complied with the Official Rules as specified on the Website. Entries are limited to one per person per day. False or deceptive acts, as determined by Sponsor(s), will render the entrant ineligible. All mystery cards must be surrendered at time of redemption and become the exclusive property of Sponsor(s). Sponsor(s) assumes no responsibility for human error or technical malfunctions that may occur.
Entry Period: The Sweepstakes Period begins on November 29, 2019 at 5:00AM Central Time (“CT”) and ends on December 1, 2019 at 2:00PM Central Time (“CT”). Entry and redemption times will be each day as follows: Friday November 29, 2019 from 5:00AM – 2:00PM, Saturday November 30, 2019 from 8:00AM – 2:00PM, and Sunday December 1, 2019 from 10:00AM – 2:00PM (“Entry Submission Deadline(s)”). Entries received after the Entry Submission Deadline or outside the Sweepstakes Period are void. All entries must be received by Sponsor(s) on or before Entry Submission Deadline each day as determined by Sponsor’(s) clock. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook. By entering, you understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor(s) and not Facebook.
Odds of Winning Odds of winning depend on the total combined number of eligible individuals arriving at Mall of America during Sweepstakes Period. The potential Prize winners will be the first 200 eligible individuals to enter Mall of America through the North Atrium doors on Friday, November 29, 2019, the first 4,000 eligible individuals to arrive at the North Atrium on Friday, November 29, 2019, the first 2,000 eligible individuals to arrive at the North Atrium doors on Saturday, November 30, 2019 or the first 2,000 eligible individuals to arrive at the North Atrium doors on Sunday, December 1, 2019.
3. Winner Notification/Requirements: Each potential Prize winner will be notified in person on the day they receive a Mystery Card during the Sweepstakes Period. Any potential Prize winner may be required to sign and return to Sponsor(s) an Affidavit of Eligibility, General Release & Waiver, and Publicity Release in the form or forms provided by Sponsor(s) (where and to the extent legally permissible) at the time Prize is picked up in order to claim the Prize. A Prize must be claimed on or before Sunday, December 1, 2019 at 2:00PM or the Prize will be forfeited. If a potential Prize winner fails to sign and return the applicable Affidavit of Eligibility, Indemnity, General Release & Waiver within the required time period noted above, the potential Prize winner will be disqualified and forfeits the Prize. If not disqualified, the potential Prize winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning and awarding of the Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Failure to comply with these requirements, return of Prize notification or Prize as undeliverable, or disqualification of any potential winner for any reason may result in forfeiture of Prize, and the Sponsor(s) will select an alternate winner. Any unclaimed will be forfeited and the Prize will remain un-awarded.
4. Prize(s) and Donor(s):
November 29, 2019
• 1st 200 potential Prize winners (who enter MOA through the North Atrium doors) will receive one (1) Gift Card ranging in value from $10.00 - $500.00, and one (1) Mystery Card (together a “Prize”).
• 1st 4,000 people who arrive at the North Atrium (may enter through any door) will receive one (1) Mystery Card (each a “Prize”).
November 30, 2019
• 1st 2,000 people who arrive at the North Atrium (may enter through any door) will receive one (1) Mystery Card (each a “Prize”).
December 1, 2019
• 1st 2,000 people who arrive at the North Atrium (may enter through any door) will receive one (1) Mystery Card (each a “Prize”).
The approximate retail value of each Prize is between $5.00 - $599.00.
Limitations may apply as stated on the Prize. Sponsor(s) will not replace any lost, misplaced, destroyed, mutilated, or stolen gift cards or mystery cards. Sponsor(s) make(s) no warranties concerning any component of a Prize that is not provided directly by Sponsor(s). Prize is non-transferable and not redeemable for cash, and no substitution will be made unless Sponsor(s), in its sole discretion, determines otherwise. Sponsor(s) reserves the right to substitute a Prize for one of equal or greater value, including cash, in Sponsor(s) sole discretion, if a Prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable federal, state and local taxes, and for any and all other costs, assessments, expenses, and fees associated with Prize award, receipt and use. If a Prize allows the winner to share the Prize with guests, Sponsor(s) may require each of the winner’s guests to sign and return a General Release & Waiver and Publicity Release, as a condition for use of any component of the Prize. If a potential prize winner is a minor in his/her state of residency, the minor’s parent or legal guardian must verify and confirm his/her agreement to the General Release & Waiver and Publicity Release in order to participate in the use of any component of the Prize. Prize elements may not be separated.
5. Release/Publicity Consent: As a condition to receipt of a Prize, potential winner agrees to release Sponsor(s) and its parent, affiliate, subsidiary entities, its merchants, and their respective agents, employees, suppliers, and advertising/promotional and judging agencies (the “Sponsor Group”) Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Lightbox Jewelry and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, from any and all liability whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and/or property which may be sustained in connection with the Sweepstakes or the Prize. If a potential Prize winner is a minor in his/her state of residence, the Prize may be awarded in the name of the parent or legal guardian, in the sole discretion of Sponsor(s), and such Parent/Guardian will be required to fulfill all eligibility and other requirements necessary, as determined by Sponsor(s), to claim the Prize. Winner(s) (or their Parent/Guardian in the case of minors) may be required by Sponsor(s) to sign a General Release & Waiver, and/or a Publicity Release (where not prohibited by law) regarding such consent as a condition to receipt of a Prize. As a condition to receipt of any Prize, winners (or their Parent/Guardian in the case of minors) may be required to sign affidavits/disclaimers and tax forms, and winners (or Parent/Guardian in the case of minors) are responsible for any and all costs, taxes, assessments, expenses, and fees associated with the Sweepstakes and Prize award, receipt and use. Except where prohibited by law, winners consent and agree to the use of their names, city and state/country, photographs, likeness, submission(s), statements, video, and voices for broadcast, marketing and promotional purposes in all forms of media (including, without limitation, online) on a worldwide basis by Sponsor(s) and its promotional agencies, Sweepstakes partners, designees, successors and assigns, before, during and after the Sweepstakes, without compensation or right of review, attribution, or notice, in perpetuity.
6. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor(s) and/or Administrator (including but not limited to decisions regarding eligibility of entries, the selection of entrants and winners, and the awarding of prizes), which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor’(s) failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that term or any other term in these Official Rules. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision were eliminated from the rules.
7. General Conditions: Sponsor(s) reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if, in Sponsor’(s) opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of fraud, tampering, computer virus, unauthorized intervention, technical difficulties, or failures, printing or distribution errors, or any other factor beyond Sponsor’(s) reasonable control that may affect or impair the administration, security, fairness or integrity, or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor(s) in its sole discretion. If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Sweepstakes, there are more potential winners of prizes than contemplated in the Sweepstakes rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible prize claimants after the Sweepstakes closing date to award the prize. In the event there is more than one Sponsor and the Sponsors are in disagreement over a modification, suspension, or termination of the Sweepstakes, then MOAC Mall Holdings LLC shall have the final decision with respect to any modification, suspension, or termination of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor(s), in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and/or civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor(s) reserves the right to prosecute and/or seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’(s) failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor(s) is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, or lost entries, submissions or Prize notifications; or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet service providers, websites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties, or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or incomplete capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software-generated or otherwise multiple entries will be accepted. If any dispute regarding identity of any winner cannot be resolved to Sponsor’(s) satisfaction, that entrant/potential winner will be disqualified. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any sweepstakes-related materials, including but not limited to the mystery card, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these rules shall prevail, govern and control.
8. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the Federal District Court of Hennepin County, Minnesota; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
9. Governing Law: The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the State of Minnesota, without regard to any choice of law provisions. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor(s) in connection with the Sweepstakes and/or any Prize, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Minnesota or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Minnesota.
11. Sponsor(s) and Administrator: The Sweepstakes is sponsored and administered by MOAC Mall Holdings LLC, doing business as Mall of America, (“Sponsor(s)” and “Administrator”), 2131 Lindau Lane – Suite 500 Bloomington, MN 55425.
12. Official Rules: For the Official Sweepstakes Rules and/or a list of all potential Prizes, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Mall of America, Attn: Events Department, 2131 Lindau Lane – Suite 500 Bloomington, MN 55425. All such requests must be received within six (6) weeks after the end of the Sweepstakes. These Official Rules will be posted on the Website during the Sweepstakes Period. All questions regarding the Sweepstakes can be referred to Christina Gau, Mall of America, Christina.firstname.lastname@example.org.