SUMMER MYSTERY PRIZES SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. EVERY CARD IS A WINNER. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Only legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia, except for legal residents of the States of Florida, Michigan, New York, Ohio, Rhode Island, and Virginia who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry are eligible to enter the Summer Mystery Prizes Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”). Entrants who are under the age of majority in their state of residency at time of entry must have the permission of a parent or legal guardian (“Parent/Guardian”) to participate in the Sweepstakes and to redeem a Prize in the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited and subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Sponsor(s) (as defined below), Sponsor’(s) parent, subsidiary and affiliate entities and their respective officers, directors, agents, and employees, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether or not related) of each such Sponsor, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, and TikTok and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to enter or win. Entrants must fulfill all requirements set forth in the Official Rules and abide by all decisions of the Sponsor(s) and/or Administrator in order to be eligible for a prize.
2. How to Enter: Eligible individuals may enter the Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period by: (a) scanning a Digital Mystery Scratcher QR code with entrant’s own smartphone camera following the on-screen entry instructions to receive an emailed Mystery Card QR Code, and then visiting Mall of America (2131 Lindau Lane, Bloomington, MN 55425) (“MOA”) to scan the Mystery Card’s QR code at the Mystery Gift Kiosks on level 1 North Atrium (“Redemption Kiosk”) (Message and data rates apply to use of mobile device for entry. You may be charged by your wireless carrier for participating via mobile device. It is therefore recommended that you consult your wireless carrier's pricing plan BEFORE participating via mobile device. Not all mobile devices offer wireless Internet access; and wireless Internet access may not be available in all areas); or (b) visiting the North Guest Service Desk at MOA to request and, upon completion of a form, receive one physical Mystery Card, and then scanning the Mystery Card’s QR code at the Redemption Kiosk.
Mystery Cards and Digital Mystery Scratcher QR Code are only available at Distribution Sites and the North Guest Service Desk at Mall of America during the Sweepstakes Period as set forth below. All Mystery Card QR codes can be scanned and redeemed for prizes at the Redemption Kiosk.
By participating in this Sweepstakes, you represent that you have complied with the Official Rules as specified herein. Entries are limited to one per person per day. False or deceptive acts, as determined by Sponsor(s), will render the entrant ineligible. Use of any robotic, automatic, programmed, or similar entry method, entering more than the number of times permitted or submitting multiple entries or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices is prohibited may void all entries and result in disqualification. All Mystery Card QR codes that are scanned at the Redemption Site shall be scanned once and shall be invalid after first use.
3. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes Period begins on June 1, 2023 at 10:00am Central Time (“CT”) and ends on September 11, 2023 at 9:00pm CT (the "Entry Submission Deadline"). Entries received after the Entry Submission Deadline or outside the Sweepstakes Period are void. All entries must be received by Sponsor(s) on or before Entry Submission Deadline as determined by Sponsor’(s) clock. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook. By entering, you understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor(s) and not Facebook.
4. Mystery Cards and Mystery Card Digital Scratcher QR Code Sites:
- Digital Mystery Scratcher QR Code Sites: QR Codes to scan and receive a digital mystery scratcher will be at the events and activations listed below. Sponsor reserves the right to change, modify, or add sites.
- Minnesota Aurora FC Soccer home games - Minnesota Aurora Soccer Games at TCO Stadium: June 7, 14 + 17
- Twin Cities Pride Festival – June 23 – 25
- iHeart Station Events – QR codes will be on 22x28 signs, Street Team T-shirts and on digital screens at each of the following events. Sponsor may add additional events during Sweepstakes Period
- Brooks & Dunn at the Xcel Energy Center – June 3
- Weezer at the Armory – June 13
- Winstock – June 15 – June 17
- Alamaba at the Xcel Energy Center – June 22
- Taylor Swift at US Bank Stadium – June 23 + 24
- Charlie Puth at the Armory – June 25
- Bryan Adams at the Xcel Energy Center – July 3
- Lakefront Music Fest in Prior Lake, MN – July 14 + 15
- Country Jam in Eau Claire, WI – July 20 – 21
- Yung Blood at the Armory – July 22
- Thomas Rhett at the Xcel Energy Center – July 27
- Madonna at the Xcel Energy Center – July 30
- Paramore at the Xcel Energy Center – August 2
- Lionel Richie at the Xcel Energy Center – August 4
- WE Fest, in Detroit Lakes, MN – August 4 – 5
- Nickelback at the Xcel Energy Center – August 7
- P!nk at Target Field – August 10
- Ed Sheeran at US Bank Stadium – August 12
- Sam Smith at the Xcel Energy Center – August 16
- MN State Fair – August 24 – September 4
- Star Tribune Events – QR codes will be on 22x28 signs, and on digital screens at each of the following events. Sponsor may add additional events during Sweepstakes Period.
- Tootsie Broadway Opening – June 20, 22 + 25
- Beer + Wine Dabbler in Loring Park – June 23 – 25
- MN Aurora Game at TCO Stadium – July 1
- Trampled by Turtles, Bayfront Duluth – July 8
- Lakefront Music Festival, Prior Lake, MN – July 14 + 15
- MN United Game, Allianz Field – July 15
- 3M Open, TPC Twin Cities – July 29 + 30
- Live at Hilde, Plymouth, MN – July 28 + 29
- WE Fest, Detroit Lakes, MN – August 3 + 4
- Music + Movies Friday, Lake Harriet – August 4, 11, 18 + 25
- MN State Fair – August 25 – September 4
- MN United Game, TCO Stadium – August 30
- Mall of America® North Guest Service Desk (1st Level): Mystery Cards provided to guests who request a mystery card during Sweepstakes Period and fill out a form providing, at a minimum, the entrant’s name, and zip code. Limit of one per guest per day.
5. Instant Win Selection and Notification: Once a QR Code is scanned at the Redemption Kiosk, Prizes will be awarded randomly based on a computer-generated probability assigned to each Prize during the Promotion Period. Winners will receive either a prize print out or a claim ticket. Claim tickets must then be brought to the North Service Guest Desk or the specific store identified on the claim ticket to exchange for the Prize.
6. Odds of Winning: Odds of winning will depend on the number of prizes remaining available at the time entrant scans the QR Code at the Redemption Kiosk. The number of prizes available to be won will diminish as they are awarded. Eligible individuals may only Enter one time each day regardless of the manner of entry during the Sweepstakes Period. Depending on the number of entries, some prizes may go unawarded, see Second Chance Drawing for unawarded Prizes procedure.
7. Winner Requirements: Any potential Prize winner (or their Parent/Guardian in the case of minors) may be required to sign and return to Sponsor(s) an Affidavit of Eligibility, General Release & Waiver, and Publicity Release in the form or forms provided by Sponsor(s) (where and to the extent legally permissible). Claim Ticket Prizes must be claimed on or before Monday, October 12, 2023 at 7:00pm, or the Prize will be forfeited. If a potential Prize winner (or their Parent/Guardian in the case of minors) fails to sign and return the applicable Affidavit of Eligibility, Indemnity, General Release & Waiver, if the same is required, within the required time period noted above, the potential Prize winner (or their Parent/Guardian in the case of minors) will be disqualified and forfeits the Prize. If not disqualified, the potential Prize winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning and awarding of the Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Failure to comply with these requirements, return of Prize notification or Prize as undeliverable, or disqualification of any potential winner for any reason may result in forfeiture of Prize, and the Sponsor(s) will select an alternate winner. Any unclaimed will be forfeited, and the Prize will remain un-awarded. If any potential Prize winner is a minor in his/her state of residence, as a condition to receipt of a Prize, the minor’s Parent/Guardian may be required to sign the required Releases, where permitted by law, and the Parent/Guardian shall be personally legally bound by such Release.
8. Prizes: Prizes approximate retail value range from $10.00 - $500.00 (each a “Prize”). The Prizes are:
|One (1) $10.00 The Neighborhood gift card||$10.00||50|
|One (1) $10.00 Warby Parker gift card||$10.00||50|
|One (1) $10.00 UnTuckit gift card||$10.00||50|
|One (1) $10.00 Franki by Francesca gift card||$10.00||50|
|One (1) $10.00 Legacy Toys gift card||$10.00||20|
|One (1) $10.00 Vuori gift card||$10.00||50|
|One (1) $10.00 Eddie Bauer gift card||$10.00||25|
|One (1) $10.00 Nordstrom gift card||$10.00||25|
|One (1) $10.00 Vera Bradley gift card||$10.00||25|
|One (1) $10.00 Chick-Fil-A gift card||$10.00||25|
|One (1) $10.00 Panda Express gift card||$10.00||25|
|One (1) $10.00 Jamba Juice gift card||$10.00||25|
|One (1) $10.00 Auntie Anne’s gift card||$10.00||275|
|One (1) $10.00 Wafels & Dinges gift card||$10.00||25|
|One (1) $10.00 Rowan gift card||$10.00||25|
|One (1) $10.00 Typo gift card||$10.00||25|
|One (1) $10.00 Stance gift Card||$10.00||25|
|One (1) $10.00 Carhartt gift Card||$10.00||25|
|One (1) $10.00 Old Navy gift Card||$10.00||25|
|One (1) $10.00 Sephora gift Card||$10.00||25|
|One (1) $10.00 Ulta gift Card||$10.00||25|
|One (1) $10.00 H&M gift Card||$10.00||25|
|One (1) $10.00 Zara gift Card||$10.00||25|
|One (1) $10.00 Cold Stone gift Card||$10.00||25|
|One (1) $10.00 Original Popcorn House gift Card||$10.00||25|
|One (1) $10.00 Carlo’s Bakery gift Card||$10.00||25|
|One (1) $10.00 Haagen-Dazs gift Card||$10.00||25|
|One (1) $10.00 Anthropologie gift Card||$10.00||25|
|One (1) $10.00 Arula gift Card||$10.00||25|
|One (1) $10.00 Offline by Aerie gift Card||$10.00||25|
|One (1) $10.00 Boot Barn gift Card||$10.00||25|
|One (1) $10.00 Hammer Made gift Card||$10.00||25|
|One (1) $10.00 Urban Outfitters gift Card||$10.00||30|
|One (1) $10.00 BoxLunch gift card||$10.00||9|
|One (1) $10.00 voucher to Rowan||$10.00||77|
|One (1) $10.00 Arcade Game Card to The Fair on 4||$10.00||8|
|Two (2) Handcrafted Beverages at Capital One Café||$10.00||500|
|One (1) $5 gift card + One (1) Perfume Sample from Macy’s||$10.00||500|
|One (1) $5 gift card + One (1) small fountain beverage from B&B Theatres||$10.00||500|
|One (1) $10 gift card to Kendra Scott||$10.00||250|
|One (1) $5 gift card + One (1) free drink from Baking Betty’s||$10.00||250|
|One (1) smoothie from lululemon fuel space||$11.00||10|
|One (1) Piada Italian Street Food entrée||$12.00||25|
|One (1) free admission to Moose Mountain Adventure Golf||$13.99||while supplies last|
|One (1) free admission to Rock of Ages Blacklight Mini Golf||$13.99||while supplies last|
|Two (2) Handcrafted Beverages + One (1) Free Cup from Capital One Café||$15.00||49|
|One (1) $5 gift card + One (1) free burger from Shake Shack||$15.00||40|
|One (1) $20.00 Old Time Photos gift card||$20.00||50|
|One (1) $20.00 Nectar gift card||$20.00||10|
|One (1) adult Minnesota Zoo ticket||$20.00||20|
|One (1) $20.00 B&B Theaters gift card||$20.00||10|
|One (1) $20.00 Perfumania gift card||$20.00||10|
|One (1) $20.00 FireLake Grill House gift card||$20.00||10|
|One (1) $20.00 Shake Shack gift card||$20.00||10|
|One (1) $20.00 Cantina Laredo gift card||$20.00||30|
|One (1) $20.00 Ridemakerz gift card||$20.00||10|
|One (1) 12-month subscription to MSP Mag||$20.00||50|
|One (1) $20.00 Xscape Arcade gift card||$20.00||10|
|One (1) $20.00 Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. gift card||$20.00||10|
|One (1) free admission to Matrix 5D||$20.00||while supplies last|
|One (1) $20.00 Crave gift card||$20.00||10|
|One (1) free admission ticket to Rick Bronson’s House of Comedy||$20.00||247|
|One (1) Special Exhibit Ticket to the Minneapolis Institute of Art||$20.00||30|
|One (1) Nickelodeon Universe 18-point pass||$21.99||while supplies last|
|One (1) $25.00 Margaritaville gift Card||$25.00||10|
|One (1) lobster roll with one (1) cup of soup from Mason’s Famous Lobster Rolls||$25.00||10|
|One (1) adult general admission ticket to Sea Life at Mall of America||$25.00||2000|
|One (1) adult ticket to Museum of Illusions at MOA||$25.00||100|
|One (1) Free 60-Minute Climb at ClimbZone||$25.00||50|
|One dozen (12) donuts from Duck Donuts||$26.00||10|
|One (1) Crayola Experience general admission ticket||$27.99||while supplies last|
|One (1) Mystery Tackle Box from Karl’s Fishing & Outdoors||$30.00||10|
|One (1) Wisdom Gaming Hour Gaming Pod Voucher||$30.00||30|
|One (1) 12-month Artful Living subscription||$32.00||20|
|One (1) MOA Insiders membership||$35.00||200|
|One (1) Crossbody Bag from Fjallraven||$35.00||7|
|One (1) free necklace from Kendra Scott||$45.00||250|
|One (1) six-month Star Tribune membership||$99.00||100|
|One (1) $100.00 Heritage Estate Co. gift card||$100.00||5|
|One (1) Kanken Backpack from Fjallraven||$110.00||3|
|One (1) night stay in a Standard Guestroom at the Holiday Inn Express MOA-MSP||$125.00||2|
|One (1) night stay in a King Suite with sofa at AC Hotels Bloomington Mall of America||$125.00||2|
|One (1) night stay in a Standard Guestroom with breakfast at Home2 Suites Minneapolis/Mall of America||$125.00||2|
|One (1) night stay in a Standard Guestroom with breakfast at Tru by Hilton Minneapolis/Mall of America||$125.00||2|
|One (1) night stay in Superior Guestroom at Radisson Blu Mall of America||$125.00||2|
|One (1) night stay in a Deluxe King suite at Element Bloomington Mall of America||$125.00||2|
|One (1) night stay in a Standard Guest Room Cambria Hotel Minneapolis Airport-Bloomington||$125.00||2|
|One (1) $500.00 Mall of America gift card||$500.00||2|
Limitations may apply as stated on the Prize. Sponsor will not replace any lost, misplaced, destroyed, mutilated, or stolen Prizes. Sponsor makes no warranties concerning any component of a Prize. Prize is non-transferable and not redeemable for cash, and no substitution will be made unless Sponsor(s), in its sole discretion, determines otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize for one of equal or greater value, including cash, in Sponsor sole discretion, if a Prize should become unavailable for any reason. Released Parties (defined below) will not be responsible for weather conditions, Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any ball game, event or exhibition.
All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the winner's responsibility, including but not limited to: round trip transportation between the winner's residence and the hotel of origin, beverages, food, gratuities and tips, taxes, insurance, laundry service, merchandise, parking, room service, service charges, souvenirs and telephone calls. Sponsor(s) reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend or cancel the prize redemption of any winner or guest due to their noncompliance with any security procedure or inappropriate behavior or misconduct. Hotel regulations and conditions apply. Lodging is subject to change and availability (including potential blackout dates), and certain restrictions apply. Sponsor(s) will not replace any lost, misplaced, destroyed, mutilated, or stolen tickets or certificates. The approximate retail value of the Prize (listed in the table above) will vary depending upon seasonal fluctuations of hotel rates. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value.
9. Second Chance Drawing: A second chance random drawing will be held on October 30, 2023, to award any unawarded Gift Card Prizes. To enter the second chance drawing print your full name, address, zip code, age, phone number and email address (if you have one) on a 3x5 index card and mail it to:
Mall of America
Attention: Summer Mystery Card Second Chance
2131 Lindau Lane, Suite 500
Bloomington, MN 55425
All second chance entries must be received by October 15, 2023.
10. Release & Waiver Consent: As a condition to receipt of a Prize, winner may be required to sign a General Release & Waiver releasing Sponsor(s) and its parent, affiliate, subsidiary entities, its merchants, and their respective agents, employees, suppliers, and advertising/promotional and judging agencies (the “Sponsor Group”) Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, from any and all liability whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and/or property which may be sustained in connection with the Sweepstakes or the Prize. If any potential Prize winner is a minor in his/her state of residence, as a condition to receipt of a Prize, the minor’s Parent/Guardian may be required to sign and timely submit the required General Release & Waiver and, the Parent/Guardian shall also sign the General Release & Waiver and be personally legally bound by such General Release & Waiver. In Sponsor’(s) sole discretion, the Prize may be awarded to the minor’s Parent/Guardian rather than the minor, which Parent/Guardian shall then sign all required documents and assume all the responsibilities of the Prize winner. As a condition to receipt of any Prize, winners (or their Parent/Guardian in the case of minors) may be required to sign affidavits/disclaimers and tax forms, and winners (or Parent/Guardian in the case of minors) are responsible for any and all costs, taxes, assessments, expenses, and fees associated with the Sweepstakes and Prize award, receipt and use. Except where prohibited by law, winners consent and agree to the use of their names, city and state/country, photographs, likeness, submission(s), statements, video, and voices for broadcast, marketing and promotional purposes in all forms of media (including, without limitation, online) on a worldwide basis by Sponsor(s) and its promotional agencies, Sweepstakes partners, designees, successors and assigns, before, during and after the Sweepstakes, without compensation or right of review, attribution, or notice, in perpetuity.
11. Agreement to Official Rules: By Entering in the Sweepstakes, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor(s) and/or Administrator (including but not limited to decisions regarding eligibility of entries, the selection of entrants and winners, and the awarding of prizes), which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor’(s) failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that term or any other term in these Official Rules. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision were eliminated from the rules.
12. General Conditions: Sponsor(s) reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if, in Sponsor’(s) opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of fraud, tampering, computer virus, unauthorized intervention, technical difficulties, or failures, printing or distribution errors, or any other factor beyond Sponsor’(s) reasonable control that may affect or impair the administration, security, fairness or integrity, or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes. If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Sweepstakes, there are more potential winners of prizes than contemplated in the Sweepstakes Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible prize claimants after the Sweepstakes closing date to award the prize. In the event there is more than one Sponsor and the Sponsors are in disagreement over a modification, suspension, or termination of the Sweepstakes, then MOAC Mall Holdings LLC shall have the final decision with respect to any modification, suspension, or termination of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor(s), in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and/or civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor(s) reserves the right to prosecute and/or seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’(s) failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor(s) is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted mystery cards or entries, late, or lost entries, submissions or Prize notifications; or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet service providers, websites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties, or other errors of any kind or nature including human error; or for the incorrect or incomplete capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. If any dispute regarding identity of any winner cannot be resolved to Sponsor’(s) satisfaction, that entrant/potential winner will be disqualified. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any sweepstakes-related materials, including but not limited to the mystery card, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these rules shall prevail, govern and control.
13. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the Federal District Court of Hennepin County, Minnesota; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
14. Governing Law: The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the State of Minnesota, without regard to any choice of law provisions. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor(s) in connection with the Sweepstakes and/or any Prize, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Minnesota or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Minnesota.
16. Sponsor and Administrator: The Sweepstakes is sponsored and administered by MOAC Mall Holdings LLC, doing business as Mall of America, (“Sponsor” and “Administrator”), 2131 Lindau Lane, Suite 500 Bloomington, MN 55425.
17. Official Rules: For the Official Sweepstakes Rules and/or a list of all Prize Winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Marketing Coordinator, Mall of America, Attn: Marketing Department, 2131 Lindau Lane, Suite 500, Bloomington, MN 55425. All such requests must be received within six (6) weeks after the end of the Sweepstakes. These Official Rules will be posted on the Website during the Sweepstakes Period. All questions regarding the Sweepstakes can be referred to Mall of America Marketing, firstname.lastname@example.org.