NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. EVERY CARD IS A WINNER. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Only legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are 5 years of age or older at the time of entry are eligible to enter the Summer Mystery Gift Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”). Entrants who are under the age of majority in their state of residency at time of entry must have the permission of a parent or legal guardian (“Parent/Guardian”) to participate in the Sweepstakes and to redeem a Prize in the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited and subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Sponsor(s) (as defined below), Sponsor’(s) parent, subsidiary and affiliate entities and their respective officers, directors, agents, and employees, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether or not related) of each such Sponsor, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to enter or win. Entrants must fulfill all requirements set forth in the Official Rules and abide by all decisions of the Sponsor(s) and/or Administrator in order to be eligible for a prize.
2. How to Enter: Eligible individuals may enter the Sweepstakes by visiting one of the distribution sites during the activation days as set forth below and receiving a Mystery Gift Card or Digital Mystery Scratcher during the Sweepstakes Period. Digital distribution sites will have a QR code at the events identified below in the Digital Mystery Scratcher Distribution Sites Section that can be scanned with a smartphone camera. As of start of this Sweepstakes guests must already own or have the legal right to the smartphone in their possession to enter by Digital Mystery Scratcher. Eligible individuals who scan the QR code and follow the instructions for the Sweepstakes will receive an emailed QR code which can be redeemed for a prize at the Mystery Gift Kiosks. Mystery Cards and Digital Mystery Scratchers are only available at Distribution Sites during the activation days as set forth below. Mystery Cards and Digital Mystery Scratchers can be redeemed at the Mystery Gift Kiosks at Mall of America on level 1 North Atrium (“Redemption Site”).
By participating in this Sweepstakes, you represent that you have complied with the Official Rules as specified herein. Entries are limited to one per person per day. False or deceptive acts, as determined by Sponsor(s), will render the entrant ineligible. All Mystery Gift Cards must be surrendered at time of redemption and become the exclusive property of Sponsor(s). Sponsor(s) assumes no responsibility for human error or technical malfunctions that may occur. Submitting multiple entries or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices is prohibited and may result in disqualification.
Mystery Card Distribution Sites: 248,000 Mystery Gifts Cards will be distributed at the following distribution sites including but not limited to those listed below. Sponsor reserves the right to change or modify some of the distribution sites. All dates listed for distribution sites are for the calendar year 2022.
- Minnesota Aurora FC Soccer home games: Minnesota Aurora USL W League Soccer will distribute approximately 5,000 cards throughout the summer season at each of the following 2022 home Minnesota Aurora Soccer Games:
- June 10, 12, 19, 24, 26
- June 10, 12, 19, 24, 26
- Target Field Baseball home games: Minnesota Major League Baseball will distribute approximately 1,000 Mystery Gift Cards throughout the summer season at each of the following 2022 home Minnesota Major League Baseball games:
- June 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
- July 1, 2, 3, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
- August 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
- Parades, Concerts and Events: Brand Ambassadors will distribute 241,900 Mystery Gift Cards in variable amounts via street teams during the following events. Sponsor may add additional events during Sweepstakes Period.
- Pride Art Exhibition at Bloomington Center For the Arts – June 3 – July 8
- Stone Arch Bridge Festival – June 18 + 19
- Winstock – June 17 + 18
- Twin Cities Summer Jam – July 21 – 23
- Rounds on Us
- June: 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
- July: 7, 14, 21, 28
- August: 4, 11, 18, 25
- National Night Out Community Event Throughout the Twin Cities – August 2
- We Fest – August 4 – 6
- Minnesota State Fair August 25 – September 5
- AJR at The Armory – June 5
- New Kids on the Block at the Xcel Energy Center – June 14
- Sheryl Crow at The Ledge Amphitheatre – July 5
- Rod Stewart at the Xcel Energy Center – July 8
- Shawn Mendes at the Xcel Energy Center – July 9
- Alanis Morrissette at the Xcel Energy Center- July 24
- Machine Gun Kelly and Avril Lavigne at the Xcel Energy Center – July 28
- Alan Jackson at the Xcel Energy Center – July 29
- Brandi Carlile at the Xcel Energy Center- July 30
- Kenny Chesney at US Bank Stadium – August 6
- One Republic and Needtobreathe at the Xcel Energy Center – August 7
- The Lumineers at the Xcel Energy Center – August 12
- Maroon Five at the Xcel Energy Center – August 13
- Twenty One Pilots at the Xcel Energy Center – August 18
- Mall of America® - North Guest Service Desk-100 Mystery Cards distributed during Sweepstakes Period while supplies last.
Digital Mystery Scratcher Distribution Sites: 2,000 digital mystery scratchers will be distributed at the distribution sites during the activation dates listed below. Sponsor reserves the right to change, modify, or add to some of the distribution sites.
- iHeart Station Events – QR codes will on 22x28 signs and on digital screens at each of the following events. Sponsor may add additional events during Sweepstakes Period.
- K102 Country Cruise – June, July, August
- KDWB Lake Patrol – June, July, August
- KDWB Retro Romance Dance – August
- Cities 97.1 Oake on the Water
- June: 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
- July: 7, 14, 21, 28
- August: 4, 11, 18, 25
- K102 Finally Friday with Muss
- June: 3, 10, 17, 24
- July: 1, 8 , 15, 22, 29
- August: 5, 12, 19, 26
- K102 Summer Games with Amy James
- June: 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
- July: 7, 14, 21, 28
- August: 4, 11, 18, 25
Entry Period: The Sweepstakes Period begins on June 1, 2022 at 12:00pm Central Time (“CT”) and ends on September 12, 2022 at 9:00pm CT (the "Entry Submission Deadline"). Entries received after the Entry Submission Deadline or outside the Sweepstakes Period are void. All entries must be received by Sponsor(s) on or before Entry Submission Deadline as determined by Sponsor’(s) clock. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook. By entering, you understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor(s) and not Facebook.
Odds of Winning: Odds of winning depend on the total combined number of eligible individuals who participate at each Distribution Site and redeem the cards at the Redemption Site during Sweepstakes Period as set forth herein. Eligible individuals may only win one time each day regardless of the manner of entry during the Sweepstakes Period.
3. Winner Notification/Requirements: Each potential Prize winner (or their Parent/Guardian in the case of minors) will be notified in person on the day they redeem a Mystery Card during the Sweepstakes Period. Any potential Prize winner (or their Parent/Guardian in the case of minors) may be required to sign and return to Sponsor(s) an Affidavit of Eligibility, General Release & Waiver, and Publicity Release in the form or forms provided by Sponsor(s) (where and to the extent legally permissible) at the time Prize is picked up in order to claim the Prize. A Prize must be claimed on or before Monday, September 12, 2022 at 9:00pm or the Prize will be forfeited. If a potential Prize winner (or their Parent/Guardian in the case of minors) fails to sign and return the applicable Affidavit of Eligibility, Indemnity, General Release & Waiver within the required time period noted above, the potential Prize winner (or their Parent/Guardian in the case of minors) will be disqualified and forfeits the Prize. If not disqualified, the potential Prize winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning and awarding of the Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Failure to comply with these requirements, return of Prize notification or Prize as undeliverable, or disqualification of any potential winner for any reason may result in forfeiture of Prize, and the Sponsor(s) will select an alternate winner. Any unclaimed will be forfeited and the Prize will remain un-awarded.
If any potential Prize winner is a minor in his/her state of residence, as a condition to receipt of a Prize, the minor’s Parent/Guardian may be required to sign the required Releases, where permitted by law, and the Parent/Guardian shall be personally legally bound by such Release.
4. Prize(s) and Donor(s): 250,000 Mystery Cards will be distributed at distribution sites listed above during Sweepstakes Period. Mystery cards range in value from $2.00 - $500.00 (each a “Prize”). The approximate retail value of each Prize ranges between $2.00 - $500.00. There are only two (2) Prizes (each a Mall of America gift card) equal to $500.00. The approximate retail value of each Prize ranges between $2.00 - $500.00. Limitations may apply as stated on the Prize. Sponsor(s) will not replace any lost, misplaced, destroyed, mutilated, or stolen gift cards or mystery gift cards. Sponsor(s) make(s) no warranties concerning any component of a Prize that is not provided directly by Sponsor(s). Prize is non-transferable and not redeemable for cash, and no substitution will be made unless Sponsor(s), in its sole discretion, determines otherwise. Sponsor(s) reserves the right to substitute a Prize for one of equal or greater value, including cash, in Sponsor(s) sole discretion, if a Prize should become unavailable for any reason. Released Parties (defined below) will not be responsible for weather conditions, Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any ball game, event or exhibition.
5. Release & Waiver Consent: As a condition to receipt of a Prize, winner agrees to sign a General Release & Waiver releasing Sponsor(s) and its parent, affiliate, subsidiary entities, its merchants, and their respective agents, employees, suppliers, and advertising/promotional and judging agencies (the “Sponsor Group”) Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, from any and all liability whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and/or property which may be sustained in connection with the Sweepstakes or the Prize. If any potential Prize winner is a minor in his/her state of residence, as a condition to receipt of a Prize, the minor’s Parent/Guardian may be required to sign and timely submit the required General Release & Waiver and, the Parent/Guardian shall also sign the General Release & Waiver and be personally legally bound by such General Release & Waiver. In Sponsor’(s) sole discretion, the Prize may be awarded to the minor’s Parent/Guardian rather than the minor, which Parent/Guardian shall then sign all required documents and assume all the responsibilities of the Prize winner. As a condition to receipt of any Prize, winners (or their Parent/Guardian in the case of minors) may be required to sign affidavits/disclaimers and tax forms, and winners (or Parent/Guardian in the case of minors) are responsible for any and all costs, taxes, assessments, expenses, and fees associated with the Sweepstakes and Prize award, receipt and use. Except where prohibited by law, winners consent and agree to the use of their names, city and state/country, photographs, likeness, submission(s), statements, video, and voices for broadcast, marketing and promotional purposes in all forms of media (including, without limitation, online) on a worldwide basis by Sponsor(s) and its promotional agencies, Sweepstakes partners, designees, successors and assigns, before, during and after the Sweepstakes, without compensation or right of review, attribution, or notice, in perpetuity.
6. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor(s) and/or Administrator (including but not limited to decisions regarding eligibility of entries, the selection of entrants and winners, and the awarding of prizes), which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor’(s) failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that term or any other term in these Official Rules. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision were eliminated from the rules.
7. General Conditions: Sponsor(s) reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if, in Sponsor’(s) opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of fraud, tampering, computer virus, unauthorized intervention, technical difficulties, or failures, printing or distribution errors, or any other factor beyond Sponsor’(s) reasonable control that may affect or impair the administration, security, fairness or integrity, or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes. If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Sweepstakes, there are more potential winners of prizes than contemplated in the Sweepstakes Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible prize claimants after the Sweepstakes closing date to award the prize. In the event there is more than one Sponsor and the Sponsors are in disagreement over a modification, suspension, or termination of the Sweepstakes, then MOAC Mall Holdings LLC shall have the final decision with respect to any modification, suspension, or termination of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor(s), in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and/or civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor(s) reserves the right to prosecute and/or seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’(s) failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor(s) is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted mystery cards or entries, late, or lost entries, submissions or Prize notifications; or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet service providers, websites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties, or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or incomplete capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software-generated or otherwise multiple entries will be accepted. If any dispute regarding identity of any winner cannot be resolved to Sponsor’(s) satisfaction, that entrant/potential winner will be disqualified. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any sweepstakes-related materials, including but not limited to the mystery card, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these rules shall prevail, govern and control.
8. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the Federal District Court of Hennepin County, Minnesota; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
9. Governing Law: The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the State of Minnesota, without regard to any choice of law provisions. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor(s) in connection with the Sweepstakes and/or any Prize, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Minnesota or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Minnesota.
11. Sponsor(s) and Administrator: The Sweepstakes is sponsored and administered by MOAC Mall Holdings LLC, doing business as Mall of America, (“Sponsor(s)” and “Administrator”), 2131 Lindau Lane – Suite 500 Bloomington, MN 55425.
12. Official Rules: For the Official Sweepstakes Rules and/or a list of all potential Prizes, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Marketing Coordinator, Mall of America, Attn: Marketing Department, 2131 Lindau Lane, Suite 500, Bloomington, MN 55425. All such requests must be received within six (6) weeks after the end of the Sweepstakes. These Official Rules will be posted on the Website during the Sweepstakes Period. All questions regarding the Sweepstakes can be referred to Kelsey Cunningham, Mall of America, Kelsey.firstname.lastname@example.org.